Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest" Screening+Party

Someone had mentioned this flick to me recently and I was racking my brain for ways to be able to catch it since it obviously won't be hitting theaters here (yes, a solution would be to download, but people that know me can tell you how useless I am when it comes to movie downloads).  Anyway, as is the usual case when I've been offline for a few days, I come back to all sorts of news.  In this case, I returned online delightfully surprised about news that the Tribe Called Quest flick would be showing at B-SIDE on Saturday, July 30 (aka 2 days from now, heyyyy) so I will definitely be there and all of y'all should also "do dat do dat do do dat dat dat"!

Check the poster for more details:



For those that don't know, this movie was directed by Michael Rapaport (that's right, turns out neo-Nazi dude from Higher Learning is a heavy Tribe fan) basically documents the 20-year journey that this group, one of hip hop's most influential groups of all time, has taken.  It depicts how they changed the game, what it took to make and break them (yup, what really went down during their highly publicized breakup), insights from other hip hop icons and most importantly, what the future holds for them now.

Take a look at the trailer to have a better idea of what to expect:


"Is the Tribe Called Quest gonna make more music?" I'm sure we are all dying to know. So let's all "kick it" at B-Side this Saturday. See you all there.

Doors open at 9:00PM
Film screening starts at 10:30pm sharp
**Free popcorn & Rugged Rhum Cocktails from 9-10:30pm**
FREE ENTRANCE

B-Side is located at Malugay St. cor. Mayapis St., Makati City
Here is a link to the map: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/23670_323201694525_252630244525_3373060_2767960_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment